NEPAL COUNTRY POULTRY STATISTICS
DATA of 2071/2072 (2015)
- 4% of national GDP.
- Out of 75 Districts, commercial farming is done in 64 districts.
- There are 21,956 farms in these 64 districts of which 20,483 (93.29%) is broiler farm, 1337 (6.09%) layers farm, 128 (0.58%) hatchery and 8 (0.04%) giriraj/koiler farm.
- Total bird is 6,08,26,880. Of which 5,26,66,029 broiler. 69,08,595 layers, 12,52,255 other breed.
- Egg production is estimated 1,20,21,66,000
- Commercial farming, meat egg and chick sales is accounted to have transaction of 33,72,40,23,000.
- Meat purpose – 20,07,14,39,054
- Egg – 9,13,37,36,000,
- Chicks- 3,60,76,74,000,
- Manure – 45,37,22,000
- In 128 hatcheries , 11,22,90,000 were kept in incubator of which 8,33,61,000 were produced. Out of which 79,52,000 chicks were rejected. total distributed were 7,54,06,000.
- Hatchability 74.2%
- Mortality ( Broiler- 12.8%, layers 9.2%, Parents 7.0%)
- Major Production chicken (Chitwan – 10%, Kavrepalanchowk – 8%, Dhading-6%, Kathmandu – 5%, Kaski- 4%)
- Major Production Egg (Chitwan -68%, Makwanpur – 5%, Nawalparasi-4%, Dang – 4%, Bhaktaur – 3%)
- Recurrent Expenditure – NPR 27,85,44,76,000
- Capital Expenditures – NPR 3,14,92,74,815
About the Seminar
FARM Nepal (farm.com.np) with the motto “We Act Locally & Serve Globally for all your poultry needs”, is dedicated to Poultry Sector. This is the only sector that has grown from backyard farming to a stable, growing and self-sufficient industry in Nepal. FARM acts not only to bridge the gap between Nepal and World Poultry but also to establish Nepal as a poultry hub to the world as a pioneer by hosting international seminars, poultry exhibitions, professional meets, product launches and related poultry events.
FARM Nepal, as a Resource Partner of the AGRITECH 2017, is going to organize a Seminar on Poultry Health and Management in collaboration with organizers Media Space Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Nepal and Futurex Trade Fair and Events, India.
Seminar on Poultry Health and Management, 18 February 2017, is the first ever attempt of its kind from private sector that is going to be held during the three-day AGRITECH 2017 exhibition, 17-19 February 2017. This technical seminar will offer best-in-class analyses and solutions to equip poultry sector’s security so as to be able to mitigate, manage and prevent today’s complex threats, from an integrated enterprise perspective. The audience of the seminar comprises of poultry farmers, farm managers, feed associates and hatchery associates from across the country and beyond. Veterinary science final year students and professionals from all vertical industries across both the public and private sectors, along with other poultry professionals responsible for poultry security and betterment are expected to attend the program.
|Registration and Reception||0700 – 1100||FARM Nepal
|Welcome address, lighting of inaugural lamp||1100 – 1130||FARM Nepal|
|Key note Address and closing||1130 – 1145||FARM Nepal
|Paper I: Scenario of Poultry Sector, and relevant policies, strategies and legislations in Nepal||1145 – 1215||Dr. Bimal Kumar Nirmal, Director General, DLS
|Paper II: Opportunities and Management of Layer Farms||1215 – 1245
|Dr. Dinesh Bhosale
|Discussion||1245 – 1300||Chair, All participants
|Tea Break||1300 – 1315||All participants
|Paper III: Coccidiosis Control Program, Intestinal Integrity Solution and Antibiotic Issues||1315 – 1345
|Dr. Subramanya Bhat
|Paper IV: Broiler Breeder Management||1345 – 1415||Dr. Harsal Shetty
|Discussion||1415 – 1445||Chair, All participants
|Concluding the technical session||Chair
|Honoring the sponsors||FARM Nepal|
|Closing Speech||FARM Nepal|
Venue and Location:
18 February 2017 | Bhrikuti Mandap, Kathmandu